Online Certification Guide

Request to use your VA Benefits 

Students should submit their Veteran Benefit Certification request only when their class schedule is final for the term. After requesting VA education benefits, please allow eight to ten weeks for processing. The amount of benefits you will receive is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs and is based on the number of credit hours for which you are certified.  To certify your benefits in UAccess Student Center, please follow the steps in the following Veterans Certification resource guide. 

Resource Guide:  UAccess Student—Veteran Certification 

Certificate of Eligibility

Students must apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs ( to use their education benefit. Students will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Students will upload a copy of their COE on Step 6 of the veteran benefit certification process.


If you selected one of the following benefits, you would need to submit a copy of your DD-214 member 4 to the Military-Connected Benefits and Certifications Office: 

  • Post 9/11 GI Bill ® Chapter 33, Veteran 
  • MGIB Chapter 30 
  • MGIB-SR Chapter 1606 

Click on the Save and Submit button to submit your certification request to the Military-Connected Benefits and Certifications Office for processing. 


Military Connected Benefits and Certifications  
Student Union Memorial Center, Rm 404
Phone: 520-621-9501
Fax: 520-621-3665

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.