In Arizona, as in most other states, instruction fees at publicly supported universities are lower for resident students than for non-resident students. Residency classification standards and procedures at The University of Arizona are based on the Arizona Board of Regents Policy on Tuition Classification.
For tuition purposes, each student must be classified as either a resident student or a non-resident student. A student who is not classified as a resident student is charged non-resident tuition in addition to other registration fees and charges. It is the responsibility of each student to provide the information necessary to obtain a correct residency classification and raise the issue of a disputed classification in a timely manner.
Notes for Fall 2023
- Residency status for tuition purposes
- Residency procedures for new and continuing students
Forms and Exceptions
- Residency forms & exceptions
- The University of Arizona's residency policies & procedures
Residency Classification FAQs
- View FAQs regarding residency classification