Updating Personal Information

Personal information changes can be made through UAccess Student Center. Some changes require supporting documentation and review, while other changes are made at the student's direction with updates made immediately. If you have any questions on changing your personal information, please contact us. We are happy to help. 
If you are a current employee or a former employee of the University of Arizona within the past calendar year,  contact the department you are/were employed by to process any changes. 


Changes you can make yourself

You can change the following information yourself by going to UAccess Student Center in the Personal Summary section. These changes do not require additional verification and will be reflected on your account within 24 hours. 
Follow this link for more information on how the University addresses preferred name, pronouns, gender, and sex.

Preferred Name Change

University of Arizona students and employees may choose to identify themselves within the University community using a preferred first name that differs from their official/legal name. A student or employee's preferred name will appear instead of the person's official/legal first name in select University-related systems and documents, provided that the name is not being used for the purpose of misrepresentation. 


Students may designate pronouns they use to identify themselves. Instructors and staff are encouraged to use pronouns for people that they use for themselves as a sign of respect and inclusion. View the attached tutorial for details about adding or editing pronouns and viewing them in UAccess. 

Address & Telephone Number

It is extremely important that the University has your current  Contact Information (address & telephone number).

Marital Status

To update your marital status, please email reghelp@arizona.edu

Changes that require supporting documentation and review

For the following items, you will need to submit supporting documentation. You can submit these securely through UAccess Student Center in the Forms section of the Quick Links box. The Office of the Registrar will review the request and supporting verification items, and notify you when the change has been approved. 

Primary Name Update

Your primary name is used for financial aid and will appear on official University transcripts. 

Supporting documents include: 

  • Marriage License/Certificate
  • Adoption Papers
  • Court Order
  • Passport/Permanent Visa
  • Divorce Decree
  • Social Security Card
  • Government Issued ID

Updating Primary Name Tutorial 

UAccess Direct Link to Primary Name Update

Note: The direct link requires a Student ID Number 

Correct a Birth Date

Supporting documents include: 

  • Birth Certificate

Updating Date of Birth Tutorial 

UAccess Link to Date of Birth Update

Note: The direct link requires a Student ID Number 

Adding or Correcting your Social Security Number (SSN) or International Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

Personal information changes for international students now follow the same process as domestic students. The International Student Services office will automatically receive your updated information from UAccess Student Center.
If you have any questions on changing your personal information or would like some help, please contact us: reg-help@arizona.edu.