For information regarding updates to your personal information, please click on any of the drop-down topics below.
Changes to name, Social Security number, date of birth, ethnicity or gender may be processed with the Change of Personal Information form at the Office of Registration, Residency & Transcripts, see acceptable documentation below.
- If you are a current employee or a former employee of the University of Arizona within the past calendar year, contact the department you are/were employed by to process any changes.
- If you are an international student, changes to name, Social Security number, date of birth, ethnicity, gender or citizenship may be processed through the International Student Programs and Services Office at 915 N. Tyndall, Avenue, 520-621-4627. – Change address and title to International Student Services 615 N Park Ave, Room 120
Preferred Name Change
University of Arizona students and employees may choose to identify themselves within the University community using a preferred first name that differs from their official/legal name. A student or employee's preferred name will appear instead of the person's official/legal first name in select University-related systems and documents, provided that the name is not being used for the purpose of misrepresentation.
Students may designate pronouns they use to identify themselves. Instructors and staff are encouraged to use pronouns for people that they use for themselves as a sign of respect and inclusion. View the attached tutorial for details about adding or editing pronouns and viewing them in UAccess.
Students may designate their gender in UAccess Student Center. View the attached tutorial for details about adding or editing your gender and viewing your gender in UAccess.
Changes Made in Person
Fill out a Change of Personal Information form and bring your documentation (with some form of picture identification) to the Administration Building, Room 210.
Changes made by mail, email or fax may be submitted with the completed and signed Change of Personal Information form, along with documentation, and a copy of photo identification (such as a driver’s license or Cat Card) to:
- Mail to: Office of Registration, Residency & Transcripts, University of Arizona, PO Box 210066, Tucson AZ 85721-0066
- Email to Reghelp@arizona.edu - please include all documents as attachments
- Fax the documents to 520-621-8944, all documentation must be legible if sent by fax
(Currently enrolled students only) choose one of the following
(Currently enrolled students only)
|Correcting a Birth Date||
|Adding/Correcting my Social Security Number||
It is extremely important that the University has your current Contact Information (address & telephone number).
Change/Update your Address & Telephone number
- Via UAccess
- By Mail (if not a currently enrolled student)
Types of addresses
There are several different categories for addresses you can update in UAccess Student Center.
- Permanent: This is where the student can be reached during summers and if other addresses are absent or invalid. By default, all Financial Aid correspondence during summer and all diplomas are sent to this address if no alternative addresses are provided.
- Mailing: General mail and contact address. Used for Bursar's Office checks, including Financial Aid disbursements mailed during the academic year and Summer Session Financial Aid. Human Resources also uses it for employment checks and warrants.
- Billing: Used by Bursar's Office for bills when other addresses are not provided or are invalid.
- Diploma: Address to send diploma to. Only used if this address is different from the Permanent address.
- UA: Used primarily for international students physical street address while attending Arizona. NOT a PO BOX.
Note: Official Grade cards are not mailed to students; however, information on how to access your grades is available.
Send your letter to:
Office of the Registrar, The University of Arizona
Administration Building, Room 210
PO Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85721-0066
Please include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your new permanent address(es)
- Your new telephone number(s)
- Your signature
- Contact information (email address) if no phone number is provided
If more information is needed, please contact email@example.com
Office of Registration, Residency & Transcripts
Administration Building, Room 210
Visit during normal business hours:
10:00am to 2:00pm (MST) Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
(Excluding holidays and closures)
- Change of Contact Information (address & telephone number) forms are located in the lobby.
- Turn in completed Change of Personal Information forms to the customer service window.
The University of Arizona does not alter academic records for former students. Records are considered final 90 days after graduation, discontinuation, or ineligibility. The changes to the records listed below will be processed only if there is evidence of a recent legal requirement for the change.
- Primary Name
Corrections to historical records can be made for the following items:
- Date of Birth
- Sex for Reporting Purposes
If more information is needed, please call (520) 621-3113 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.