Transfer Credit Approval
A University of Arizona student may complete one or more degree requirements with courses from another institution. Advanced planning ensures that transfer courses will apply toward specific requirements in your major, minor, or General Education Program. Before enrolling for courses elsewhere, especially during your senior year, please be aware of the University Credit Requirement for graduation from the UA.
Preapproval of Future Coursework
Preapproval of future coursework is offered by the Office of Transfer Credit & Articulation. Students needing preapproval of domestic or international coursework should visit the Credit Evaluation page and scroll down to Evaluation Required Course. Please note that a syllabus is required for that process.
For domestic institutions, after you complete the course(s) and receive grades, send an official transcript to the Registration and Transcripts office. For international institutions, after you complete the course(s) and recieve grades, send an official transcript to the Office of Admissions. Keep in mind that the applicability of these courses may be subject to change if you change your program of study. Also, please review these online policies relating to transfer evaluations:
- Reporting a Transfer Evaluation Problem
- Acceptability of Transfer Credit
- Transcript Evaluation Process
To determine course transferability use the Transfer Credit Guide. This guide includes both domestic and international institutions.
If your courses do not appear in the above guide, please read the following information in consultation with your UA Academic Advisor:
- Students seeking to preapprove a future Math course or approve a completed Math course should carefully read through the information and follow the evaluation instructions here.
- Excluding Math (see above), students seeking preapproval for a future course or approval for completed courses that do not appear in the Transfer Credit Guide should submit a Course Equivalency or Credit Request to have those courses evaluated for an equivalency. A syllabus is required for evaluation of these courses.