Tuition Assistance

Using Tuition Assistance (TA) at The University of Arizona

Undergraduate students approved to use tuition assistance at the University of Arizona will pay $250 per unit in tuition. Once the Military-Connected Benefits and Certifications office receives an approved TA Voucher, the student will be awarded a Military TA Tuition Reduction Waiver which will adjust the cost to $250 per unit. Please note that TA covers the cost of tuition only; all applicable mandatory fees are charged at the standard rates and paid by the student.

Graduate students approved to use tuition assistance at the University of Arizona will be charged standard tuition rates, and the approved TA amount will then be applied to the tuition charges on the student’s bursar account. If eligible for VA Education Benefits (Post-9/11 or Montgomery GI Bill®), the student can utilize their benefit to assist with covering the out-of-pocket cost.

PLEASE NOTE: Tuition Assistance requests must be submitted on your military branch's Service Portal or through a military branch eduction office/education service officer. The University of Arizona MCBC is unable to submit Tuition Assistance requests on a student's behalf. 
Return of Tuition Assistance Funds

The Department of Defense requires a return of tuition assistance funds when a class is dropped after completing less than 60% of it. Returns are prorated based on the percentage of completed class time.

Standard Major Term Percent Returned to DOD that will then be Owed to UA by the Student
Weeks 1-2 100%
Weeks 3-4 30%
Weeks 5-6 20%
Weeks 7-8 10%
Weeks 9-10 1%
Weeks 11-16 0%


Frequently Asked Questions

Active-duty students should work with their education center counselor to determine which options are available for their specific circumstance. In general, an active-duty student who is a recipient of the Montgomery GI Bill® or Post-9/11 GI Bill® program may qualify for both the GI Bill® and tuition assistance. Education counselors are available at each virtual education center by branch:

How do I apply for Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA)? 

The Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force each have their own TA application forms and procedures and students should apply for TA through their specific branch education center.

Virtual Education Centers by Branch: 

A student using TA must be pre-approved prior to enrolling in a course. Once TA has been approved by the student’s military branch, the student should enroll in the course. This must be done prior to the first day of class or TA will not be approved by the Department of Defense. 

Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) is a tuition reimbursement program for active-duty, National Guard, and Reserve services members.

Send the approved Tuition Assistance (TA) voucher to for processing.

The Department of Defense requires UA to approve enrollment if the class meets a student’s degree requirement. Once enrollment is approved, the UA Bursar’s Office invoices TA to the student’s military branch.

  1. Log into UAccess Student Center.
  2. Select Advising on the main navigation.
  3. From the dropdown, select Advisement Report.
  4. Choose to "view report as PDF".
  5. Save the file and submit it to your Tuition Assistance program.

Resource Guide: Bursar Account Summary

  • Click on the e-Bill Statements box showing itemized charges for the class where you will apply Tuition Assistance.
  • Make sure the invoice you selected includes an itemized description of your charges.

Military Connected Benefits & Certifications 

Tuition Assistance correspondence can be sent to  

Military-Connected Benefits & Certifications  
Student Union Memorial Center, Rm 404 | 1303 E. University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: 520-621-9501  |  Email: