Veterans Education & Transition Services 

The Veterans Education & Transition Services provides many resources to assist military-connected students at the University of Arizona.


Priority Registration 

Priority registration is given to military-connected students, the semester AFTER they begin using their benefits.  For example, a new/transfer student enrolls for the first time and uses a benefit at the University of Arizona in Fall 2016 semester. They would then be eligible for priority registration for Spring 2017 and beyond.  Military-connected students not using benefits (such as those who self-report as active duty members) are also included in this priority registration group. 


Concurrent Enrollment

If you choose to attend another institution of higher learning while enrolled at The University of Arizona, you may be able to combine your enrollment hours to qualify for full time benefits. The second institution must be approved by the VA for education benefits and the course or courses you are taking must be required by your UA degree program. Please submit the Concurrent Enrollment 315 form to the Military-Connected Benefits and Certifications Office.  



If you are having trouble with a course and need a tutor, you may qualify for tutorial assistance. Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA educational benefits at a half-time or greater rate and have a deficiency in a subject that makes tutoring necessary. You can be reimbursed up to $100 month, up to a maximum allowance of $1200. 

If you would like to request tutorial assistance, please complete Form 22-1990t and send it to the Military Connected Benefits and Certifications office for processing to the VA.  


Dual Objective

VA Education Benefits will pay for one program of study at a time.  If you are working towards a dual major, dual minor or unrequired minor you MUST have an approved Dual Objective form on file. Students will need to complete the Dual Objective form with a statement explaining how the multiple degrees or majors or minors pursued at UA relate to a single career field. This form MUST be signed by your UA Academic Advisor and provide to the Military-Connected Benefits & Certifications Office.  


Study Abroad

If you are considering participating in a study abroad program make sure you fully understand what the VA will and will not pay for. There are additional steps you must take in order to receive educational benefits from the VA for study abroad courses. Download and print this checklist for more information. 


Admissions Military Statute

Evaluation of prior education for applicants with military service to the University of Arizona. Click for more information.

Military Connected Benefits and Certifications  
Student Union Memorial Center, Rm 404
Phone: 520-621-9501
Fax: 520-621-3665

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.