LIMITED NOTARIZATION SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR APOSTILLE ONLY. PLEASE REVIEW SERVICES UPDATES PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- It is your responsibility to know what level of processing and/or document verification is needed. Please contact the agency requesting your documents before submitting requests.
- The University of Arizona does not have a copy of your diploma on file.
- Notarization services are available only for degrees awarded by The University of Arizona.
- Any information requested will be verified against our records for accuracy.
- If you are allowing someone to act on your behalf, proof of your permission must be submitted to us prior to their action.
- Processing of notarized documents through The UA requires 3-5 business days.
Notarized Official Transcripts
- In person: Complete the Transcript Request form available at the Registration and Transcripts Office in the Administration Building, Room 210. You can order and pay for an official, notarized, and sealed official transcript; the notarization service may take up to 5 business days for processing.
In most cases, our signed and certified eDiploma will suffice for degree verification purposes. If necessary though, we can notarize your original diploma or a new replacement diploma.
- Original: Bring your original diploma to the Administration Building, room 210 where you can order and pay for your diploma to be notarized. Order processing time can vary depending on availability of notary officials.
- New replacement diploma (reproduced original) - order your replacement diploma online and request notarization service during the ordering process. We will produce your diploma and notarize it within three business days, then mail it to you at the address you requested during the ordering process.
Notarization Services for Apostille Purposes
Some transcripts and diplomas may need an apostille from the Arizona Secretary of State. An apostille is an additional level of authentication given to a notarized document to certify that the document(s) are true. The University of Arizona can provide notarization of official transcripts or of your diploma for this purpose. Before requesting notarization, please check with the agency requesting your document(s) to determine what is required.
For assistance in obtaining notarized documents for this purpose, please contact Graduation Services to initiate the process. In your email, include the agency (government, employer, etc.) requesting the items.
Once the documents are notarized, you will be responsible for submitting the document(s) to the Arizona Secretary of State's Office to request the apostille. Please confirm in your email to Graduation Services whether you will be picking up your documents in person, or if you will need to have them returned to you via FedEx.
For more information on any of the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.