Non-Resident Students Who Have Earned an Arizona High School Degree or General Education Diploma
Application for a 150% of Undergraduate Resident Tuition Rate
Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Policy
A. A student who graduated from an Arizona high school, but who is not otherwise eligible for resident tuition status, will be eligible for a non-resident undergraduate tuition rate of 150% of undergraduate resident tuition, if the following conditions are met:
- The student has attended high school in Arizona for a minimum of three years while physically present in Arizona and graduated from an Arizona high school (or attained the equivalent while physically present in Arizona for a minimum of three years), and
- The student is lawfully present in Arizona.
B. The non-resident rate for Arizona high school graduates would apply to tuition for undergraduate students. This rate does not apply to differential tuition, or tuition for on-line, accelerated or distributed programs.
C. “High School” is defined as grades 9-12. Completion of the 9th grade while physically present in Arizona, whether at an Arizona middle school or high school or equivalent, will count toward the Arizona high school attendance requirement. The three years of Arizona high school attendance do not need to be consecutive.
D. A student who meets the requirements of this policy will be eligible for the non-resident undergraduate rate regardless of when the student graduated from an Arizona high school.
E. The policy is effective beginning with the fall 2015 semester.
UA Procedure to Apply for 150% of Undergraduate Resident Tuition Rate
- 1. Complete and submit the Arizona High School Graduate 150% Tuition Application. If you have not completed theVerification of Lawful Presence (aka Prop 300) process, attach documentation to satisfy that requirement.
- 2. If you are not sure if you have completed the Verification of Lawful Presence process, log into your UAccess Student and view your Demographic Data listed under Personal Information. Your Lawful Presence (Prop 300) status appears near the bottom of your demographic information page.
- 3.Submit copies of your Arizona high school transcript(s) or Arizona General Education Certificate unless you have already submitted them when you were admitted. If your high school transcripts do not show that you were present in Arizona for at least 3 years, you will need to submit documentation supporting your claim of Arizona domicile during that time period.
Fax (520-621-3665) or Email (REG-rco@email.Arizona.edu) or bring your completed Arizona High School Graduate 150% Tuition application and supporting documents to Administration Building, Main Floor.