VLP for International Students

Students enrolling remotely on Main Campus, living outside of the United States and receiving a University scholarship or fellowship must verify their lawful presence in their current country of residence. If you will be entering the U.S. in F-1 or J-1 status for the upcoming term, you do not need to take action. After entering the U.S. and completing the Check-in e-Form in MyGlobal, International Student Services will verify your lawful presence. 

Review the Attestation of International Lawful Presence and identify documentation demonstrating lawful presence in your current country of residence.

View the VLP Resource Guide


To Verify Lawful Presence

Follow the steps in the VLP Student Resource Guide and outlined below.
  • Log in to UAccess
  • Click on Personal
  • Click on Personal Summary
  • Click on Lawful Presence box
  • Upload appropriate documentation
  • Click Submit Documents


Appropriate Documents to Demonstrate Lawful Presence

Documents must be submitted in English in order to complete verification.
  • Passport 
  • National ID 
  • Birth Certificate 
  • Other documents proving lawful presence in current country