Verify Lawful Presence refers to a referendum approved by Arizona voters in November 2006. The referendum provides that university students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or who do not have lawful immigration status, are not eligible for in-state tuition status or financial aid that is funded or subsidized by state monies.
For more information, click on one of the following links in the cards below.
- Acceptable forms of documentation verifying lawful presence
States Verifying Lawful Presence
- States verifying lawful presence for driver's license
- States verifying lawful presence for instruction permit
- States verifying lawful presence for non-operator ID
VLP for International Students
- Information for International Students
Verify Lawful Presence FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding VLP
- Eligible status under 8 U.S. code sections 1621 and 1641