Requesting Recruitment Information
Definition - Student Recruitment Information
Effective October 23, 1998, all Colleges and Universities are required to comply with the final regulations of the Solomon Amendment. Failure to comply may result in the loss of federal funding including various forms of federal student aid. The purpose of this document is to explain the procedures at the University of Arizona regarding compliance with the Solomon Amendment. The Solomon Amendment supersedes FERPA. The following standard information will be provided.
- Phone Number
- UA Email
- Class Level (e.g. First-Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate, Law, Medical)
- Expected Degree Check-out (if available)
Please note the following.
- Information released is limited to the current semester or the previous semester. If the request is received between semesters, the requestor must specify previous semester or upcoming semester.
- Students must be enrolled.
- If a student requests that their directory information be withheld under FERPA, this protection will be honored under Solomon; the student’s records will not be released.
- Sub-population definition under Solomon is limited to the data elements included in the definition of “Student Recruitment Information.” Sub-population definitions according to veteran status, academic performance, ethnicity, nationality, and gender are specifically excluded under Solomon.
Questions? Please email REGfirstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-621-9501.