The University of Arizona may release directory information of current students in accordance with the Arizona Public Records Law and the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.
The University of Arizona designates the following items as directory information:
- Student’s name*
- Local/Residence Hall address*
- Home and/or Cell telephone numbers*
- Official university email address*
- Class standing/Classification
- Academic program (degree, major, minor)
- Dates of attendance
- Status (full or part-time registration)
- Degree(s) received
- Honors and awards received
- Participation in officially recognized activities
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
*The noted (*) items above can be specifically restricted by the student through UAccess. It is the University employee’s responsibility to make sure there are no directory restrictions prior to releasing any student data.
There are two avenues to request directory information. Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
|Date Use Internal or External /Requestor Internal or External||Where to Request||Description & Direction of Request|
|External Requestor||Public Records||If a request is made outside of the University from a third party source, the requestor must make the request through the Public Records.|
|Internal Requestor||Office of the Registrar||If a request is made on behalf of a department or a recognized University of Arizona Student Organization, the request can be made by submitting the following form: Request for Directory Information.|