- Veterans Services Home
- Start Your VA Educational Benefit Here
- Online Veterans Academic Certification Guide
- Additional Information
- V.E.T.S. Office: Veterans Education and Transition Services
- Deployment Information
- Main VA GI Bill® Website
- About Us
Requesting an Undergraduate Leave of Absence
An Undergraduate Leave of Absence enables you to return and graduate after a one or two semester absence from campus. For example, if you are on a Leave of Absence for the fall semester, you will be eligible to register for either the following spring or fall semester. You will not need to apply for readmission or pay readmission fees. Additionally, you will be able to register for classes during your priority registration period.
Requesting a Leave of Absence in Person
· Visit the Office of the Registrar (Administration Bldg., Room 210) during regular office hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday – Friday).
· Complete the Undergraduate Leave of Absence form
· Please note that a photo ID is required.
Requesting a Leave of Absence by Fax
Fax a written request to "Office of the Registrar" at (520) 621-8944
Your request must meet the following requirements:
· It must be directly from you.
· It must specifically ask for an Undergraduate Leave of Absence.
· It must clearly state that the reason for your request is due to military deployment.
· It must identify how many semesters you will be on leave (maximum two semesters).
· It must include your University of Arizona assigned student ID (SID) number.
In addition, your request should include your commanding officer’s signature (if your commanding officer is available to sign).
Your signature is required for all Leave of Absence requests. For this reason, we will not be able to accept requests made by e-mail.
Please also refer to the Undergraduate Leave of Absence policy in the General Catalog.
Note: The filing deadline will be extended only for those students being deployed for military duty.
It is extremely important that you advise the UA Veterans Services Office of all changes in your registration status.
For More Information
Please call the Veterans Services Office at (520) 621-9501 Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org