Event Scheduling Instructions
Organizations that are not affiliated with the University of Arizona may rent classroom space for events, dependent on availability of space, provided the nature of the event is consistent with the mission of the University. Classroom space may be scheduled only if there is no conflict with University of Arizona classes.
In order to rent a Centrally Scheduled Room for an event, Off-Campus Organizations must complete the following:
1. Provide proof of insurance to the Risk Management Department.
2. Submit an online Event Request Form using the Guest login. When you login for the first time you will be assigned guest login information; keep this information as you will need it to return to your requests later to make changes or cancel your requests. Submitting the online Event Request Form attests your agreement to abide by the Room Reservation Policy. Off Campus Organizations will be charged a fee for the use of Centrally Scheduled Class space; this fee must be paid at least three days prior to the event.
3. If you wish to cancel a room rental, please login to the Event Request Forms (using your guest login information) at least three days prior to the event and click the Cancel link next to the event you wish to cancel. If you cancel your event request less than three days prior to the event, your organization will be held financially responsible for the reservation.
For more information about centrally scheduled classrooms, classroom technology, and rates for reserving rooms please visit the Classroom Information page.
Step 2: Room Reservation PolicyClick or enter to reveal information below
Policy Governing Use of University Classrooms for Non-teaching Activities
Revised Winter 2017
The University of Arizona in some cases may make classroom facilities available for non-teaching activities, provided these activities are consistent with the mission of the University. Facilities can be made available only if there is no conflict with The University of Arizona classes.
A) The following policies govern the use of classroom facilities for non-teaching activities:
1) All requests for room use must be made two weeks in advance through the Room and Course Scheduling Office.
2) No smoking, alcoholic beverages, food, drink, or refreshments are allowed in centrally scheduled classrooms.
3) No candles, incense or other flammable items may be burned in centrally scheduled classrooms.
4) Organizations are responsible for keeping noise level to a minimum and must be considerate of classes in nearby rooms.
5) The organizations, as renters of university instructional spaces, are responsible for any damage to rooms or buildings as a result of their room usage. Organizations are also responsible for returning tables and chairs to their original positions and leaving the classroom clean and orderly.
6) If special parking is needed, the group using the facility must make arrangements directly with the University Parking and Transportation Services, (520) 626-7275.
7) Room reservations do not include the use of audiovisual equipment. All requests regarding the use of equipment must be made through Classroom Technology Services (CTS), (520) 621-3852.
8) Special circumstances regarding the use of centrally scheduled classrooms:
a) Organizations may not reserve centrally scheduled rooms during final exam periods.
b) Organizations may not reserve centrally scheduled rooms during any time that the University is closed, including, but not limited to, Winter closure and University observed holidays.
c) Campus organizations may not reserve centrally scheduled rooms prior to 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m.
9) All room reservations for off-campus organizations are subject to change if courses or departments require the classroom space.
10) Failure to comply with any of the above policies will result in revocation of future room reservation privileges.
B) Policy regarding charges for room use:
1) Definition: An off campus organization is any organization which does not come under the jurisdiction of the University of Arizona. If an event is to be co-sponsored by a campus organization, it is considered to be a University sponsored event in so far as this policy is concerned.
2) All off campus organizations using classroom facilities will be charged a fee based on the size of the room used and the amount of time reserved.
3) The fee must be paid to Room and Course Scheduling at least 3 days prior to the day of the event. (Checks should be made out to “The University of Arizona”.)
4) If an organization wishes to cancel an event they must submit the cancellation form via the Room and Course Scheduling website no later than 3 days prior to the beginning of the event, otherwise the organization is still responsible for paying the invoiced fees.
1) The organization must provide proof of insurance to the Department of Risk Management and Safety at the University of Arizona, (520) 621-3482.
3) Room and Course Scheduling Office will confirm the room assignment(s) via email. Take a copy of the confirmation to the event, as you may be asked to present it to Campus Security. Confirmation of room assignment will not be made by the Room and Course Scheduling Office until the payment for the reservation has been received.
4) Reservations may be cancelled via the online event forms.
The University retains the right to refuse the use of its facilities for any activities deemed to be improper or to be inconsistent with the broad educational function of the University. The Director of Curriculum and Registration will make this determination, in conjunction with the Special Events Committee. The University also reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event, if it is determined that the event is unsuitable for the campus.
At its discretion, the University’s Risk Management Department may ask for review, advice, or approval by the state division of Risk Management.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
The University of Arizona
Room and Course Scheduling
Office of the Registrar
Modern Languages, Room 347
PO Box 210067
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0067
Phone: (520) 621-3313
Fax: (520) 626-9301
Step 3: Submit Event RequestClick or enter to reveal information below
Submit an online Event Request Form using the Guest login. When you login for the first time you will be assigned guest login information; keep this information as you will need it to return to your requests later to make changes or cancel your requests. Off Campus Organizations will be charged a fee for the use of Centrally Scheduled Class space; this fee must be paid at least three days prior to the event.
Room RatesClick or enter to reveal information below
|room rates||Small Room||Large Room||Auditorium||Social Sciences Auditorium|
|(1-50 seats)||(51-100 seats)||(101-398 seats)||(538 seats)|
|Off-Campus||$90 first 4 hour block||$150 first 4 hour block||$300 first 4 hour block||$350 first 4 hour block|
|Organization||$22.50/hour beyond 4 hours||$37.50/hour beyond 4 hours||$75/hour beyond 4 hours||$87.50/hour beyond 4 hours|
FAQClick or enter to reveal information below
I just submitted an event request- when will I know what room I’ve been assigned?
Depending on how many requests we’ve received from academic departments, student clubs, and other organizations, the answer can be anything from a few hours to a few days. This is one reason why we require the request to be submitted at least two weeks in advance- at busy times, it can sometimes take a week or more to process your request.
Why didn’t I get the room I asked for on my event request?
There are a few possible answers to this question. One reason this might happen is because the room already has a course or an event scheduled for that time. Another possibility is that the room you requested is too large or too small for the expected number of people attending your event. We always look for available rooms that are the right size to hold the number of people you are planning for.
My event will include a multimedia presentation; where should I indicate that on the request?
You can let us know in the “Additional Information” box at the bottom of the request that you will need a high tech room. Once you receive confirmation of your reservation, you are responsible for contacting Classroom Technology Services (CTS) at (520) 621-3852. They will take care of unlocking the equipment in the room to make it available for your use. CTS may charge for the use of equipment; these fees are not included in any invoice sent by Room and Course Scheduling, and should be paid to CTS.