Course Catalog Request Deadlines and Templates
Departments can add and update courses in the Course Catalog using the UAccess Student Course Management process. Below are the deadlines and planning templates for submitting requests to Add, Modify, and Inactivate courses.
DeadlinesClick or enter to reveal information below
Below are the deadlines for all types of course requests for all terms. Course requests may be submitted at any time for all future terms in advance of these dates. These deadlines represent the final date for receipt of course requests by the Office of the Registrar for the target term in order to ensure availability in time for the Schedule of Classes go-live.
- "Receipt of a course request" is defined as the request form reaching the Approved status in the Course and Fee Management process by 5:00 pm. If the deadline falls on a weekend, course requests will be due by 5:00 pm on the following Monday.
- If the deadline falls on a weekend, course requests will be due by 5:00 pm on the following Monday.
- Please see request type below for policy on requests that are received after the deadline for a given term.
This includes adding new courses as well as adding co-convenings for existing courses (ie, adding a graduate level version of an undergraduate course).
Courses that reach the Approved status after the deadline may still be added for the requested term, but the department may have less time to schedule sections and enroll students as a result. No priority will be given to requests that are approved after the deadline. Course Add requests that reach the Approved status after the start of the requested term will be added for the next future term.
This includes any modification to a course that is already approved in the Catalog. Examples include modifications to:
- Course Title or Description
- Prerequisites (either enforced Requirement Groups or non-enforced Course Requisites)
- Term(s) typically offered
- Course Attribute(s)
- Course Component(s)
- Grading Basis
- Secondary departments for crosslisted courses
- Min/Max Units
Course Modification requests that reach the Approved status after the deadline will be processed for the next available term. No modifications will be made to courses once the Schedule of Classes and Course Catalog have gone live for a term.
This includes the inactivation of courses that will no longer be taught. This does not include courses that will be cancelled for a term or two and then offered again.
Course Inactivation requests that reach the Approved status after the deadline may still be processed for the requested term as long as no sections have been scheduled for that term. Course Inactivation requests that reach the Approved status after the start of the term will be inactivated for the next future term.
Request Templates for InstructorsClick or enter to reveal information below
Curriculum committees should review and approve course details and syllabi before the online Course Management request is submitted.
Faculty may use the templates below to submit the required details for course requests to their department Course Management Initiator.