- It is your responsibility to know what level of processing and/or document verification is needed. Please contact the agency requesting your documents before submitting requests.
- The University of Arizona does not have a copy of your diploma on file.
- Notarization services are available only for degrees awarded by The University of Arizona.
- Any information requested will be verified against our records for accuracy.
- If you are allowing someone to act on your behalf, proof of your permission must be submitted to us prior to their action.
- Processing of notarized documents through The UA requires 3-5 business days.
A Diploma Verification is a notarized document similar to a diploma. Application for Diploma Verification (free Acrobat Reader required for download) can be made by submitting the form. A Diploma Verification costs $15 per document (notarization included).
Notarized Official Transcripts:
To have a University of Arizona transcript notarized you may:
- In person: Order and pay for an official sealed transcript from The UA Transcript Office in Administration Building 210, then bring the sealed transcript to Kathy Oliboni in Modern Languages 347 during office hours (see below). Also print out and bring this application with you (Notarization Services).
- Remote: Order an official transcript. Select the "hold for pick-up" option to Kathy's attention and add a note to the form that the transcript is to be notarized. Please also fill out the following application and fax it to Kathy for payment (Notarization Services)
To have a U of A diploma notarized you may:
- Notarized Copy: Provide a copy of your diploma to Kathy Oliboni (see contact information below) along with the Notarization Services form.
- Notarized Original: Provide Kathy with the original diploma and the Notarization Services form.
If you need to order a replacement diploma (re-produced original - $50 fee per document) please submit the Application for Diploma Replacement. At the same time submit the Notarization Services form. If you are choosing this option, both of these forms need to be submitted to Kathy together. Processing time is approximately three weeks.
Notarization Services for International Purposes:
Diploma verifications, transcripts, diplomas, and diploma copies that need verification through the Arizona Secretary of State's office require additional processing. The Arizona Secretary of State will attach either an Apostille for a Hague Convention Country or a Certificate of Authenticity for a non-Hague Convention Country. Their fee to attach an Apostille or Certificate is $3.00 per notarized document (subject to change; paid by check or money order). To accomplish this you may do one of the following:
1) Pick up your completed notarized document from Kathy (email for appointment) and take it to the Arizona Secretary of State's Tucson office at 400 W Congress, Suite 252.
2) Send Kathy the name of the country the documents will be going to, an 8½ x 11 (or larger) self-addressed, stamped envelope and a check or money order made out to the Arizona Secretary of State for the appropriate amount ($3.00 per document). She will mail your notarized documents, self-addressed, stamped envelope, and check to the Arizona Secretary of State who will forward the documents to you.
3) Kathy will mail your notarized documents to you and you may forward your documents.
For more information on any of the above, please contact:
Modern Languages 347
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm